Monday, July 2, 2012

Kentucky

I had the opportunity to travel to Kentucky for a missions trip, and like many missions trips, I was served in more ways that I could serve. The people in Eolia, Kentucky were extremely welcoming, much more than they are back home in Pennsylvania. It made me think about the way I interact with people. Sometimes I put up walls to keep others out. I like my little bubble, but I need to be stretched from that comfortable spot. I need to open my heart and my doors to those people who are around me. Everyone has a story to tell, and I want to listen to those I haven't heard before. The trip challenged me to give more freely of myself, both my material resources and my time. I also saw how God equips the called instead of calling the equipped. What a wonderful realization. What a wonderful break it was from the everyday hustle and bustle! What an opportunity to slow down and see how God can really use you when you're willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment